This article will cover step-by-step installation instructions to walk you through the entire process of installing wood blinds, including: preparation, installation and care.
Below are 3 tips for installing wood blinds:
Read all installation instructions!
– Make sure that you have all tools and hardware needed for installation.
– Check the installation surface (wall, ceiling, or window frame) to ensure that you have suitable fasteners and tools for the material.
– Double check the headrail and blind for proper width and length. If you are installing several sets of blind, be sure to match them with the appropriate window.
– Check the parts list shipped with the product to confirm that you have the correct number of brackets. Source: Kirsch.BedBathAndBeyond
– Mounting brackets: The brackets should be positioned approximately 9″ in from each end of the headrail. If necessary, adjust the position of the brackets to avoid interfering with the operating components inside the headrail
– Mounting center support brackets (only for blinds over 44″ wide) When only one center support bracket is provided, position the center bracket in the center of the two mounting brackets.
– Installing the wand (only if you have ordered a wand tilter) Lift the clear plastic cover (2) up from the tip of the wand tilter and remove the hook (3). see fig. A Clip the plastic cover over the metal wand tilter stem and place the hook through the eyelet of the metal tilter stem. see fig. B. Fit the hook into the holes at the top of the wand (4) and slide the clear plastic cover down the stem to secure hook into the eyelet. see fig. C. Using the cord tassels to let the blind down and turn the wand to test if the wand is installed properly.
– Installing the blind into the brackets Your blinds come with protective wrap on the headrail. It is at your discretion to keep it or remove it. It will not affect the look after the installation is completed.
– Attaching the valance Hold the valance up to the headrail and clip the valance to the valance clips
– Installing the valance side returns (if not pre-glued) (if you ordered for outside mount installation) Locate the channel on the back of the valance and one side return, inserting the plastic ‘L’ clip in each mitered edge. Repeat with other side return, making sure they fit snugly together. Install assembled valance as illustrated in Step 5 on page 5.
– Installing hold down brackets (only if you have ordered hold down brackets) Source: BlindsToGo
Carefully open and close the blinds. Do not yank on the cord to pull the blinds up or down. Make sure children do not pull on the cords or twist the slats. Careful use will ensure that the blinds will work properly and last a long time. Dust with a microfiber cloth or feather duster. The slats on the blinds will gather dust over time. Every couple of weeks, wipe each slat carefully with a downward motion. You can also use a soft vacuum upholstery attachment, running it over each slat to remove dust. Alternately, wear a pair of soft gloves or old socks on your hands and rub your hands along each slat. Twist the slats to clean the other side.
Replace broken slats. If a slat gets broken or cracked, you do not need to replace the entire blind. Remove the plugs on the bottom slat to reveal the lift cord knot. Undo the knot and pull the lift cord out of the slat. Source: wikiHow
601 – 1550 W. 10th Ave
Vancouver, V6J 1Z9
Phone: (604) 559-1988