There are different types of curtain rods that best fit a specific window treatment. In this short post we’ll cover some of the most common types of curtain rods for window treatments, such as: basic white metal rods, track and tension rods and decorative rods.

Image Source: Flickr

Image Source: Flickr

Basic White Metal Rods
This is the Corn Flakes of the curtain rods. They’re sometimes called valance and come in flat and round styles. Most of these are somewhat lightweight and made for lighter weight window coverings. Today you can get them as single, double and even triple. The double and triple rods are used for a layered look, like a semi-sheer curtain behind a room darkening drape. With this you can add a valance to your layered coverings. Source: wikiHow

Track and Tension Rods
Track Rods: Drapery hooks attach to pulleys inside a track. Can be installed on a wall or the ceiling. Some tracks resemble a rod with finials, concealing all moving parts inside the pole. Curtains glide effortlessly.
Tension Rods: The easiest and cheapest but least sturdy option, it adjusts to fit inside a window frame with no hardware. Barebones, it’s meant only for lightweight panels or café curtains. Source: RealSimple

Decorative Rods
Curtain panels trailing from a decorative rod are the most classic of treatments for any window configuration. Accentuate the architecture of multiple windows by suspending a narrow panel between each pane. For a bay window that projects beyond the room’s footprint, simply mount the rod on the foreground wall. Source: BHG

We hope this article will be able to guide you in choosing curtain rods that can perfectly fit your window treatments. For more information, call us now!

Universal Blinds
601 – 1550 W. 10th Ave
Vancouver, V6J 1Z9
Phone: (604) 559-1988